8 May 2006

Influenza spectacular!

So, I have the flu. 'tis funny how one takes health for granted, as the times you're sick are the times you wish you were healthy again, and when you are healthy, it's better than being sick, but after a few days you forget you were ever sick methinks. Unless you're one of those types who are perpetually sick.

Off on a tangent, back to the Wii, I thought how Smash Bros. would work with the controller. It could be played with the remote, but a more practical idea would be to use the nunchuck attachment. The analogue stick would work well for moving the character, flicking the remote in the direction you wish to smash, kinda like how the C-stick works in SSBM. The down side could be that accidental flicks of the remote would smash unpurposefully... unless there were to be some sort of sensitivity adjustments that could be made.

I like guitar, but tuning the buggers is annoying.

Back to flu. My head feels like it is packed between the ears full of cotton wool. Not the most pleasant feeling... but it's only mildly irritating, and much preferrable to a migrane or some such.

Solitaire, probably the simplest game to come with windows aside from Minesweeper... I play it far too often, but it's just so easy to open and start playing, sometimes it's the only thing to do whilst waiting for pages to load on the good ole antiquated 56k modem!

Eternal Daughter is a game I started playing, and I'm stuck on like, the 3rd boss character. 'Tis ridiculously hard. Sure, there's a pattern, but the dude spews out an endless supply of these purple bubbles, no sooner have you cleared the bubbles away, more are there ready to replace the fallen spheroids. 'tis a pity the game gets so frustrating so early because the game has an awesome style to it and is pretty decent up until Frustrator.. I'm sure I'll have a massive sense of satisfaction if I ever do defeat the wily boss of frustration, but it's not likely to happen any time soon. Kind of a Metroid style game with it's own style and story, which I like... places I've seen it reviewed say it's kind of like Castlevania, but I don't see the link.

No comments: